This all-inclusive secure cover system is made for the Jeep Wrangler JK and JKU from 2007 to 2018. It is made of thin gauge steel and is fully powder coated. If you are looking for a secure storage system for your Wrangler, look no further!
Slipstream XLS Benefits:
- Covers entire cargo area for your 4 Door Wrangler with a very sleek, highly functional rear cargo security enclosure
- Beautiful design is made from thin gauge steel and is fully powder coated
- Fits snug to optimize the space and openness to avoid unused pockets or dead space
- Easy to install
- Once installed, it takes very minimal effort to breakdown (just a few minutes)
- Provides complete privacy without making it difficult to access belongings when needed
- Easy access door behind back seats
- Cover folds up completely and stays out of the way
- Cover is removable to leave at home when carrying oversized cargo
- Divider also folds down or can be removed when carrying oversized cargo
- Carpet OK
- Rear seat recline kit must come out because the Slipstream uses the entire space starting behind the backseat for the optimum amount of room
Specs & Details:
Click here to check out the XLS installation video for a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JKU!
The Slipstream XLS has a vertical wall that sits behind the rear seats and supports two horizontal C channels. These C channels hold a removable lift panel that is held in place with quick release pins. They are only accessible from access through the tailgate.
There are side wing panels that fit tightly around the roll bar and follow the contour of the body for a perfect fit. This system was designed to be used with or without a top in place. Run it with the top on or off. Access is through the tailgate and now can be accessed behind the seats.
Secure all your summer gear without having to worry about them being stolen.
The removable panel can be tilted up, removed and locked in a vertical position if you need to carry tall items. Secure anything you need like never before.
Additional slotted fence plates mount on top to incorporate stacking of equipment on top up to 250 pounds safely. The mounting brackets and C- channels allow for strong, secure mounting of the lift panel.
I picked up a slipstream XLS system for my 2017 JKU to add some extra security to my rear cargo area. When I ordered I was expecting to have to modify things some to get it to fit just right (as with most of my mods so far). To my pleasant surprise, this was not the case for the Slipstream.
I could tell a lot of care and thought went into this product as I was unboxing it, every piece was individually wrapped and carefully packed into the box. The instruction booklet was very informative and useful with easy to follow instructions. Once I got everything together, I didn't need to make any adjustments, everything just worked.
When I did have questions, Alan was responsive and helpful, responding within a day typically.
The only thing I might suggest as far as changes or features would be some brackets to mount inside for tie-down locations to help secure cargo, but it's a minor thing.
I would definitely recommend this system to anyone looking for that extra peace of mind.
I love everything above the slipstream xls, from the packaging it was shipped in to the fine detail of the finished product. Truly the most versatile cargo enclosure on the market.
Stay tuned to reddit r/jeep for a write up with photos in the near future.
I bought this for her because when she is out shoping in the summer. The top and doors are off and she loves shopping. With this she does not have to worry about and thing in her jeep. She loves it because it locks everthing and it looks sharp on her jeep.
Installed my Slipstream XLS. Easy installation and excellent quality. I wished I was able to keep my rear seat reclining blocks.
Well designed box. Gives a finished look vs other products. Is more versatile than any other product. A Must have especially if you have a soft top and go topless. Definitely worth the $$.