This all-inclusive secure cover system is made for the Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU from 2018 to Present. It is made of thin gauge steel and is fully powder coated. If you are looking for a secure storage system for your Wrangler, look no further!
Slipstream JL Benefits:
- Covers entire cargo area for your 4 Door Wrangler with a very sleek, highly functional rear cargo security enclosure
- Beautiful design is made from thin gauge steel and is fully powder coated
- Fits snug to optimize the space and openness to avoid unused pockets or dead space
- Easy to install
- Once installed, it takes very minimal effort to breakdown (just a few minutes)
- Provides complete privacy without making it difficult to access belongings when needed
- Easy access door behind back seats
- Cover folds up completely and stays out of the way
- Cover is removable to leave at home when carrying oversized cargo
- Divider also folds down or can be removed when carrying oversized cargo
- Carpet OK
- Rear seat recline kit must come out because the Slipstream uses the entire space starting behind the backseat for the optimum amount of room
Specs & Details:
Click here to check out the Slipstream installation video for a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU!
The Slipstream has a vertical wall that sits behind the rear seats and supports two horizontal C channels. These C channels hold a removable lift panel that is held in place with quick release pins. They are only accessible from access through the tailgate.
There are side wing panels that fit tightly around the roll bar and follow the contour of the body for a perfect fit. This system was designed to be used with or without a top in place. Run it with the top on or off. Access is through the tailgate and now can be accessed behind the seats.
Secure all your summer gear without having to worry about them being stolen.
The removable panel can be tilted up, removed and locked in a vertical position if you need to carry tall items. Secure anything you need like never before.
Additional slotted fence plates mount on top to incorporate stacking of equipment on top up to 150 pounds safely. The mounting brackets and C- channels allow for strong, secure mounting of the lift panel.
All of our Slipstream products do not come with the hard top bolts. If you have a soft-top only, you can procure these bolts locally for just a few dollars.
Soft Top Users, be advised that if you intend to retract the soft top with the Slipstream installed, it will not lock in the retracted position. Its is best to Bungee cord the Soft Top to the tie-downs or other secure location. The tie-downs may actually rub the soft top, so it is advised to not install them or protect the soft top from being damaged while in the retracted position...
The versatility is awesome. You can completely dismantle in minutes. The only thing I would recommend is a tighter fit or weatherproofing as rain has gotten into the space. Other than that this is the best enclosure on the market. Highly recommended!
The finished product is excellent so far. The lack of instructions and poorly thought out solution for dealing with the subwoofer knock the overall score down. The good news is, once you have it installed, there's zero reason to mess around with any of that again.
This was an awesome purchase for someone like me who runs a soft top. I won't lie, the install work was a bit of bear. I'd make sure you read the directions through a few times and watch the videos. I had a few missing parts, but nothing that stopped me from installing it. Alan had the missing stuff shipped out quickly. It's stout, modular .and I think the best option on the market for a rear security deck, especially one that you can disassemble on the fly if you need to drop the back seats and put in some larger cargo.